King Dude - "Sex" 12" (LAVISH Edition)
King Dude returns with his latest meditation in eleven parts entitled "Sex". Following his tradition of song writing by divination from his good Lord Lucifer, the King challenges the listener to explore the theme of sexuality through nothing other than spiritual rock n' roll (of course). From the opening track you can tell that King Dude is out for blood and sweat and that he wants to drag you down an amphetimine and whiskey soaked joyride in a dune buggy through the darkest depths of his bizarre mind.
"Sex" was recorded in Seattle Washington by T.J. Cowgill at the end of 2015 through the middle of 2016 except for "Who Taught You How To Love" which was recorded by Drab Majesty in L.A. and "Prisoners" which was recorded by Michael Wollenhaupt probably in Berlin. All other drums were performed by August Johnson except on "Our Love Will Carry On" and the tambourine on "Swedish Boys" which were both played by T.J. Foie Gras sings on "Holy Christos", "Swedish Boys" and "Prisoners". "Shine Your Light" features back up vocals by Alicia Reid.
All other instruments played by T.J. Cowgill. All lyrics written and performed by T.J. Cowgill. Mixed by T.J. Cowgill and mastered by Blake Bickel at Dynamic Sound Services.
The Vinyl Record "LAVISH" Edition:
- hardcover gatefold made of 2mm cardboard covered with faux leather (dark red, alligator structure) + passe-partout cutting for the glued-in artprint (4c on 300g/sm rough cardboard)
- 2 glued-in sleeves with round corners (270g/sm rough cardboard)
- huge poster sized 90*60cm, printed on both sides on 120g/sm rough paper, folded to 30*30cm
- artprint 30,5 * 30,5 cm (4/0c on 300 g/sm rough cardboard)
- 12" booklet with original artwork & lyrics (4 sides, printed 4/4c on 300g/sm illustration printing paper)
- 180g smoke colored vinyl
- CD listening copy